Are you looking for a free, self-guided, basic computer skills course?
Basic computer skills are just some of the offerings of Wisc-Online, a digital library of Web-based learning resources called “learning objects” developed primarily by faculty from the Wisconsin Technical College System.
The Basic Computer Skills course requires a sign-in (anyone may register for an account, or log in using your social media account), and covers these topics:
- using a mouse and keyboard
- navigating an operating system
- creating documents using word processing software (Microsoft Word)
- demonstrating basic email functions
- performing basic file management techniques
- using the internet
- exploring social media
- managing personal data
Each learning activity ranges from about 10 to 30 minutes long and includes narrated video and interactive exercises.