1000 Books Before Kindergarten
About the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Program
Our free program encourages you to read 1,000 books with your child before kindergarten. This simple and fun activity introduces children to books and reading in a warm and loving way. Reading together every day helps develop important pre-reading skills, a key to learning success. Plus, sharing stories together is fun!
Participation is easy:
- Register at the George Culver Community Library. You can choose a paper log to record books, or download the free app in the App Store or Google Play.
- Read to your child.
- Record the books on paper or in the app.
- Visit the library every 100 books to receive small prizes and get more books.
- At 1,000 books your child will receive a certificate of completion, a free book of their choice, and have their picture added to the Wall of Fame!
- This club has no end date except when your child begins 5K.
This club has no end date except when your child begins 5K. Enjoy the experience!
About the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten App
The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten app is available for both Apple and Android products. The app is a convenient way for you to track your children’s reading progress throughout the program. Synced with Google books, it is now easier than ever to search and add books to your child’s collection.
Started the program on paper and want to go digital? Stop by the library and one of the friendly staff will be happy to help catch the app up. To learn more about the 1,000 Books before Kindergarten, email questions to Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the app today by clicking on the images below which will take you directly to the correct Google Play or App Store page.