The George Culver Community Library is re-opening on Monday, January 18.
Some restrictions will remain in place due to the pandemic. Here’s some of what you’ll see in the library when we re-open.
- The Library will be open for regular hours with limited services.
- Contactless Curbside Service will continue to be available during our regular hours.
- No meetings by outside organizations will be scheduled.
- Returned items will be quarantined or sanitized. Items should be left either in the book drop or in a box kept at the desk.
- The number of patrons circulating in the building at one time will be limited to 10. (Those using study rooms will not be in this count.) We will post a sign on the doors when we reach capacity and lock the entrance.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to stay in the library without an adult.
- Other than study room users, patrons may not stay in the library longer than an hour.
- Some furnishings are stored to encourage proper social distancing.
- Patron desktops will be limited to 1 hour. Patron computer time and study room use will not be extended.
- A maximum of two people from different households will be allowed in each study room.
- The children’s play/seating area will be closed to encourage social distancing. The area will be used for quarantining returns.
- Patrons are encouraged to wear masks and use recommended hygiene practices. Masks will be required during local or statewide mask mandates. Masks and hand sanitizer will be provided.
- The Library will post advisory signs about wearing masks and hygiene practices.
- There will be protective barriers around the service desk.