We will be offering contactless holds materials pick-up. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. by appointment and subject to staff availability.
For the time being only items available in our building can be accessed for pick-up. Delivery among the libraries in South Central Library System is suspended and may only be running on a very limited basis in the near future.
Returns will NOT be accepted at curbside pickup. Please do not leave returns on the cart or hand returns to staff. This is essential to maintain safe handling of all materials. The book drop is available, though we encourage you to keep your items out until at least until July 1 if possible. Please remember we are fine free, so there will be no penalty in keeping items out longer.
To support social distancing efforts, the library is operating with very limited staff. Staff will fill your holds placed online as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Follow these easy steps to pick up materials outside the side entrance of the library.
Step 1: Place your items on hold.
- Use our online catalog https://www.linkcat.info/ to search the catalog for items currently available at Sauk City Public Library and be sure to set the pickup location as Sauk City Library.
- If you’ve placed a hold and the item hasn’t been pulled, call us or email us. There are some glitches with the new system.
- You may also call us at 608-643-8346 or email email@example.com and we will place the holds for you.
- You will be notified via email, text or phone when your hold is ready.
Step 2: Arrange a Pick-up time for your holds if you placed holds
- Contact the library by phone or email to arrange an assigned pick-up time that will work for you.
Step 3: Come to the library’s side parking lot during your assigned pick-up time.
- Holds will be on a cart outside of the building for contactless pick-up.
- Your items will be labeled with your hold slip.
- Grab your items and enjoy!
For those with limited mobility, staff will place bagged items in your car trunk/hatch. Please let us know.
Weather may play a factor as to whether we can offer curbside pickup. If it is raining or other inclement weather, we may suspend the service
The library remains closed to the public. Lobbies, restrooms, computers, and other spaces will not be accessible. If you need further assistance, limited library staff are here to help. Feel free to call or leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.