E-readers are available for checkout at the library!
We recently purchased 6 Kindles, 2 Paperwhites and 4 standard 6″ models that are now available for checkout. The Kindles checkout for 14 days and are available on a first come, first served basis. Look for the display at the checkout desk or ask a staff member to see if one is available.
Each book on the Kindles is available exclusively as an E-book. So, if you don’t own an E-reader of your own, you can still read works by popular authors like Stephen King, Lee Child, and Janet Evanovich. The Kindles are all loaded with identical content.
Come give the Kindles a test drive today! They’re perfect if you’re on the fence about buying an E-reader.
And if you already own an E-reader, don’t forget that the library has E-books available for checkout. Give us a call or stop in to get help navigating the site and checking out your first library E-book.
Wyle finished his goal of reading 1,000 books before kindergarten! We think that one of the best ways to encourage learning is to spend time with your kids each day sharing stories.
If you have a child who has not yet entered 5K, consider signing them up for our 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Club. Reading with your child will build a solid foundation of pre-reading skills that will ensure your child enters 5K ready to succeed in school! As an added bonus, when your child completes the program, they have the option of riding on the library float in the Cow Chip parade.
Wyle said his favorite books he has read so far are the Magic School Bus books.
Looking for your next book? Librarians across the country vote each month on the books they are most looking forward to and put out a list called LibraryReads. Here are the most anticipated books coming out in December:
1. No Good Duke Goes Unpunished by Sarah MacLean
2. The Yellow Eyes of Crocodiles by Katherine Pancol
3. Vatican Waltz by Roland Merullo
4. How to Run with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper
5. The Supreme Macaroni Conspiracy by Adriani Trigiani
6. The Secret Rooms : A True Story of a Haunted Castle, a Plotting Duchess, and a Family Secret by Catharine Bailey
7. Dangerous Women edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois
8. My Age of Anxiety : Fear, Hope, Dread, and the Search for Peace of Mind by Scott Stossel (Coming soon to LINKcat)
9. The Trip to Echo Spring : On Writers and Drinking by Olivia Laing (Coming soon to LINKcat)
10. Innocence by Dean Koontz